Pangong Tso Lake

Pangong Tso is stunningly beautiful, with azure skies and placid lake water. Freezing air, no current or cell service.

60%  in China and the remaining 40% in India.

Discover the Stunning Beauty of the 134km Long Lake Shared Between China and India

The color of the lake changes throughout the day, depending on the position of the sun. The water appears to be different shades of blue, green, and sometimes even purple.

The lake is surrounded by the Himalayas, with snow-covered peaks visible in the distance. The rugged terrain around the lake makes it a popular destination for trekking and hiking enthusiasts.

best time to visit

The best time to visit Pangong Tso Lake is during the summer months, from May to September, when the weather is mild and the lake is not frozen.

Pangong Lake is one of the most well-known highland lakes in the Leh Ladakh region. In Tibetan, "Pangong Tso" means "high grassland lake," which is where this natural beauty gets its name.

The area around Pangong Tso Lake offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities, including camping, trekking, and wildlife spotting.

how to reach

The most popular route to reach Pangong Tso Lake is through the Karu-ChangLa pass, which offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.

The trip from Nubra Valley to Shyok Village is the most exciting and fascinating of all possible routes. This route is perfect for any kind of traveler.