By Dtraveltrek Team, 21th October, 2023
In this web story, we'll uncover 10 underrated US national parks' lesser-known, awe-inspiring secrets.
· It's the northernmost national park in the US and only accessible by air. · Home to the elusive Arctic wolf.
· Offers some of the clearest stargazing in the nation. · Houses the oldest trees on Earth, the bristlecone pines.
· The largest intact expanse of old-growth bottomland hardwood forest in the southeastern United States. · Firefly displays light up the park during summer evenings.
· Features over 300 glaciers. · Hosts a hidden treasure trove of hiking trails.
· Home to the highest peak in Texas, Guadalupe Peak. · A fossilized reef offers a unique glimpse into ancient oceans.
· Located on Lake Superior, it's the least-visited national park in the contiguous US. · Famous for its wolf and moose populations.
· Comprises seven small islands and the historic Fort Jefferson. · Offers superb snorkeling in crystal-clear waters.
· Known for its Waterpocket Fold, a nearly 100-mile-long warp in the Earth's crust. · Stunning petroglyphs etched by indigenous peoples.
· Home to all four types of volcanoes found in the world. · Boasts bubbling mud pots and geothermal wonders.
· Features some of the steepest cliffs, oldest rocks, and craggiest spires in North America. · The park's depths create unique lighting effects.